Attacking (spiking) rounds out what we at Gold Medal Squared consider the "Big Three" skills in volleyball. We'll examine the skill thoroughly, in both serve-receive and transition phases of the game. In this course you'll learn:
- The time-tested principles to inspire not only what you teach, but how to teach it.
- The keys to teaching attack with explosiveness, rhythm and timing, and how humans generate power (armspeed) when attacking.
- Footwork patterns to be used by each position when attacking out of serve reception.
- Footwork patterns to be used by each position when attacking in transition.
- How to gauge and adjust timing with attacker, setter, and set.
- How to approach and attack a "slide" set.
Our staff takes you through everything you need to teach this skill to beginners as well as advanced players. We'll bring you insights gained over 30 years of coaching athletes at every level, with clear video examples and whiteboard explanations.
Additional volleyball courses related to fundamental skills.
Spiking and Transition - 17 Lessons
Serve Receive and Passing - 10 Lessons
Blocking - 13 Lessons
Serving - 17 Lessons