Left-handed attackers follow all the same spiking principles and keys as right-handed players. The only differences between the two are the various footwork patterns taken from different spots on the court.
In this video course, AVCA National Coach of the Year, Heather Olmstead, alongside 4-time AVCA All-American Kenzie Koerber, breaks down attack footwork patterns for left-handed attackers.
Footwork examples shown in this video course include:
- Left-handed passing attacker from Zone 5 in serve-receive
- Left-handed passing attacker from Zone 1 in serve-receive
- Left-handed non-passing attacker from Zone 4 in serve-receive
- Left-handed non-passing attacker from Zone 2 in serve-receive
- Transition attacking for left-handed attackers on the right side
- Transition attacking for left-handed attackers on the left side
- COMING SOON: Serve-receive patterns for left-handed middle attackers
- COMING SOON: Transition patterns for left-handed middle attackers