Dates: July 17-19, 2015
University of Houston
Athletics Alumni Center
3100 Cullen Blvd.
Houston, TX 77204-6000
Clinic Schedule and Topics
8:00 AM Check-In
8:30-11:30 Intro to Motor Learning
1:00-6:00 Teaching the Fundamental Skills (gym). We cover passing, serving, spiking, blocking and individual defense.
9:00-11:30 Team Defensive Systems (classroom and gym)
1:00-4:00 Team Offensive Systems (classroom and gym)
4:00-6:00 Rotating Module. We have a variety of presentations depending on our staff. Additional modules include practice planning, the competitive cauldron, managing the game, and rotations 101 to name a few.
8:30-9:30 Training our Setters
9:30-11:30 Small Group Drills & Scoring. This session involves playing (optional), whiteboard management, scoring and more.
1:00-2:30 Six vs Six Drills & Scoring. This session involves playing (optional), whiteboard management, scoring and more.
2:30-3:00 Getting Started
Pricing and Benefits
- $399 per coach, $359 for additional coaches from the same program, $359 for returning clinic clients.
- Group Pricing: Bring 5 coaches or more from same program, and 6th coach attends free. Furthermore, you receive 15% off the total price.
- NEW VOLLEYBALL COACHES – If your total coaching experience is less than two years you may qualify for a significant discount. Email for details.
- USA HP Discount: Have you previously attended a USA HP Clinic? If so, email for discount details.
- Continuing Education Credit: After the clinic we will send out a link giving you the option to purchase continuing education credits.
Note: We honor one promo category per group. We do not combine promotions.
Houston Hobby Airport is 20 minutes away – more convenient. IAH is 45 minutes from campus.
What to Expect?
First off, you can expect to have easy access to some of the most legendary volleyball minds in our countries history. Our staff is eager to invest in your development as a coach.
Our clinics involve both on court and classroom sessions. Participating in the on court activities is 100% optional. For those of you who aren’t playing, we will have coaches and whiteboards set up so you can follow along, ask questions, score drills etc (you will still be engaged in what’s going on). For those of you who do play, you can expect a wide range of ability and experience. We welcome coaches that are brand new to the game!
By the end of the weekend, you can expect to have an enormous amount of new, innovative information. However, the education doesn’t stop once the clinic ends. Our staff is available year round to help you and your program build a solid foundation.
What to Bring
- We suggest you bring the following to the clinic:
- Clothes to play volleyball in (you can play as much or as little as you prefer during the gym sessions).
- You might consider a long-sleeved shirt on the first day, since we’ll be passing a lot.
- A notebook, pen/pencil, and highlighter.
- Water and snacks as desired
- A whistle